Four-yr-old raped in Chhattisgarh; accused arrested
Raipur: A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth from her neighbourhood in Durg district of Chhattisgarh, leaving her seriously injured, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday and the 19-year-old accused has been arrested, they said.
Narendra Kosre was arrested for raping the minor in Ghupsideeh village under Utai police station limits," Durg Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Prashant Thakur told a news agency.
"Her medical examination has confirmed rape," he said.
The incident took place when the mother of victim was working in nearby fields and the girl was playing in front of the house.
The accused allegedly lured the girl to a lonely place with chocolates and later outraged her modesty, the ASP said.
On hearing the screams of the girl, a couple of village women raised an alarm and the villagers managed to catch the accused, who was fleeing after committing the crime, he added.
Soon after, the minor was admitted to Durg district hospital from where she was referred to Bhilai Sector-9 hospital, police said.
A case under section 376 (rape) and section 5 and 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012, has been registered against the accused, he added.
Protesting over the incident, Congressmen `gheraoed` Durg district Collectorate today demanding death penalty for the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi