Four-yr-old raped in Chhattisgarh; accused arrested
Raipur: A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth from her neighbourhood in Durg district of Chhattisgarh, leaving her seriously injured, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place yesterday and the 19-year-old accused has been arrested, they said.
Narendra Kosre was arrested for raping the minor in Ghupsideeh village under Utai police station limits," Durg Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Prashant Thakur told a news agency.
"Her medical examination has confirmed rape," he said.
The incident took place when the mother of victim was working in nearby fields and the girl was playing in front of the house.
The accused allegedly lured the girl to a lonely place with chocolates and later outraged her modesty, the ASP said.
On hearing the screams of the girl, a couple of village women raised an alarm and the villagers managed to catch the accused, who was fleeing after committing the crime, he added.
Soon after, the minor was admitted to Durg district hospital from where she was referred to Bhilai Sector-9 hospital, police said.
A case under section 376 (rape) and section 5 and 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012, has been registered against the accused, he added.
Protesting over the incident, Congressmen `gheraoed` Durg district Collectorate today demanding death penalty for the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400