Four-yr-old raped in Durg; accused arrested
Raipur: A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth from her neighbourhood in Durg district of Chhattisgarh, leaving her seriously injured, police said today.
The incident took place yesterday and the 19-year-old accused has been arrested, they said.
Narendra Kosre was arrested for raping the minor in Ghupsideeh village under Utai police station limits," Durg Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Prashant Thakur said.
"Her medical examination has confirmed rape," he said.
The incident took place when the mother of victim was working in nearby fields and the girl was playing in front of the house.
The accused allegedly lured the girl to a lonely place with chocolates and later outraged her modesty, the ASP said.
On hearing the screams of the girl, a couple of village women raised an alarm and the villagers managed to catch the accused, who was fleeing after committing the crime, he added.
Soon after, the minor was admitted to Durg district hospital from where she was referred to Bhilai Sector-9 hospital, police said.
A case under section 376 (rape) and section 5 and 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012, has been registered against the accused, he added.
Protesting over the incident, Congressmen `gheraoed` Durg district Collectorate today demanding death penalty for the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice