Four-yr-old raped in Durg; accused arrested
Raipur: A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth from her neighbourhood in Durg district of Chhattisgarh, leaving her seriously injured, police said today.
The incident took place yesterday and the 19-year-old accused has been arrested, they said.
Narendra Kosre was arrested for raping the minor in Ghupsideeh village under Utai police station limits," Durg Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Prashant Thakur said.
"Her medical examination has confirmed rape," he said.
The incident took place when the mother of victim was working in nearby fields and the girl was playing in front of the house.
The accused allegedly lured the girl to a lonely place with chocolates and later outraged her modesty, the ASP said.
On hearing the screams of the girl, a couple of village women raised an alarm and the villagers managed to catch the accused, who was fleeing after committing the crime, he added.
Soon after, the minor was admitted to Durg district hospital from where she was referred to Bhilai Sector-9 hospital, police said.
A case under section 376 (rape) and section 5 and 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012, has been registered against the accused, he added.
Protesting over the incident, Congressmen `gheraoed` Durg district Collectorate today demanding death penalty for the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband