Four-yr-old raped in Durg; accused arrested
Raipur: A four-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a youth from her neighbourhood in Durg district of Chhattisgarh, leaving her seriously injured, police said today.
The incident took place yesterday and the 19-year-old accused has been arrested, they said.
Narendra Kosre was arrested for raping the minor in Ghupsideeh village under Utai police station limits," Durg Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Prashant Thakur said.
"Her medical examination has confirmed rape," he said.
The incident took place when the mother of victim was working in nearby fields and the girl was playing in front of the house.
The accused allegedly lured the girl to a lonely place with chocolates and later outraged her modesty, the ASP said.
On hearing the screams of the girl, a couple of village women raised an alarm and the villagers managed to catch the accused, who was fleeing after committing the crime, he added.
Soon after, the minor was admitted to Durg district hospital from where she was referred to Bhilai Sector-9 hospital, police said.
A case under section 376 (rape) and section 5 and 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offence Act, 2012, has been registered against the accused, he added.
Protesting over the incident, Congressmen `gheraoed` Durg district Collectorate today demanding death penalty for the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price