Girl dies after being hit by vehicle in Dy Speaker`s cavalcade
Raipur: A 21-year-old girl was killed after being hit by a vehicle in the cavalcade of Deputy Speaker of Chhattisgarh Assembly Narayan Chandel here on Wednesday.
"Madhu Jain, a CA final exam student, died on the spot, when she was knocked down by the pilot vehicle Bolero (CG-04 TA 0677) in the cavalcade of Deputy Speaker in Shankar Nagar," City Superintendent of Police Manisha Thakur told a news agency.
"The incident happened when Madhu was allegedly trying to overtake a car on her two-wheeler and collided head-on with the pilot vehicle coming from opposite direction from SRP chowk.
"After the accident, the driver of the pilot vehicle stopped there and informed the emergency service," she added.
The victim hailed from Titlagarh, in Balangir district in Odissa, and was staying here in a hostel. The driver of the vehicle Rohit Nayak (24) has been arrested, Thakur said.
However, the girl`s relatives alleged that police tinkered with vehicle registration number in the FIR in an attempt to cover up.
"Earlier, police mentioned a government vehicle with number CG02-0009 in its FIR based on the statements of the eye witnesses, but later changed it," Ganesh Agrawal, the victim`s uncle alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf