Girl dies after being hit by vehicle in Dy Speaker`s cavalcade
Raipur: A 21-year-old girl was killed after being hit by a vehicle in the cavalcade of Deputy Speaker of Chhattisgarh Assembly Narayan Chandel here on Wednesday.
"Madhu Jain, a CA final exam student, died on the spot, when she was knocked down by the pilot vehicle Bolero (CG-04 TA 0677) in the cavalcade of Deputy Speaker in Shankar Nagar," City Superintendent of Police Manisha Thakur told a news agency.
"The incident happened when Madhu was allegedly trying to overtake a car on her two-wheeler and collided head-on with the pilot vehicle coming from opposite direction from SRP chowk.
"After the accident, the driver of the pilot vehicle stopped there and informed the emergency service," she added.
The victim hailed from Titlagarh, in Balangir district in Odissa, and was staying here in a hostel. The driver of the vehicle Rohit Nayak (24) has been arrested, Thakur said.
However, the girl`s relatives alleged that police tinkered with vehicle registration number in the FIR in an attempt to cover up.
"Earlier, police mentioned a government vehicle with number CG02-0009 in its FIR based on the statements of the eye witnesses, but later changed it," Ganesh Agrawal, the victim`s uncle alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata