Girl dies after being hit by vehicle in Dy Speaker`s cavalcade
Raipur: A 21-year-old girl was killed after being hit by a vehicle in the cavalcade of Deputy Speaker of Chhattisgarh Assembly Narayan Chandel here on Wednesday.
"Madhu Jain, a CA final exam student, died on the spot, when she was knocked down by the pilot vehicle Bolero (CG-04 TA 0677) in the cavalcade of Deputy Speaker in Shankar Nagar," City Superintendent of Police Manisha Thakur told a news agency.
"The incident happened when Madhu was allegedly trying to overtake a car on her two-wheeler and collided head-on with the pilot vehicle coming from opposite direction from SRP chowk.
"After the accident, the driver of the pilot vehicle stopped there and informed the emergency service," she added.
The victim hailed from Titlagarh, in Balangir district in Odissa, and was staying here in a hostel. The driver of the vehicle Rohit Nayak (24) has been arrested, Thakur said.
However, the girl`s relatives alleged that police tinkered with vehicle registration number in the FIR in an attempt to cover up.
"Earlier, police mentioned a government vehicle with number CG02-0009 in its FIR based on the statements of the eye witnesses, but later changed it," Ganesh Agrawal, the victim`s uncle alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP