Girl dies after being hit by vehicle in Dy Speaker`s cavalcade
Raipur: A 21-year-old girl was killed after being hit by a vehicle in the cavalcade of Deputy Speaker of Chhattisgarh Assembly Narayan Chandel here on Wednesday.
"Madhu Jain, a CA final exam student, died on the spot, when she was knocked down by the pilot vehicle Bolero (CG-04 TA 0677) in the cavalcade of Deputy Speaker in Shankar Nagar," City Superintendent of Police Manisha Thakur told a news agency.
"The incident happened when Madhu was allegedly trying to overtake a car on her two-wheeler and collided head-on with the pilot vehicle coming from opposite direction from SRP chowk.
"After the accident, the driver of the pilot vehicle stopped there and informed the emergency service," she added.
The victim hailed from Titlagarh, in Balangir district in Odissa, and was staying here in a hostel. The driver of the vehicle Rohit Nayak (24) has been arrested, Thakur said.
However, the girl`s relatives alleged that police tinkered with vehicle registration number in the FIR in an attempt to cover up.
"Earlier, police mentioned a government vehicle with number CG02-0009 in its FIR based on the statements of the eye witnesses, but later changed it," Ganesh Agrawal, the victim`s uncle alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS