Govt school teacher held for raping student in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A government school teacher was arrested on Sunday in Dhamtari district of Chhattisgarh for allegedly raping a minor student, police said.
Hemant Kumar Chaurasiya (25), a teacher of the Government High School at Kaspur village, was arrested from his native village Sakara in the district for raping the 17-year-old girl on December 13, SP, Dhamtari Akbar Ram Korram told reporters here.
Further probes are on into the case, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!