Govt school teacher held for raping student in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A government school teacher was arrested on Sunday in Dhamtari district of Chhattisgarh for allegedly raping a minor student, police said.
Hemant Kumar Chaurasiya (25), a teacher of the Government High School at Kaspur village, was arrested from his native village Sakara in the district for raping the 17-year-old girl on December 13, SP, Dhamtari Akbar Ram Korram told reporters here.
Further probes are on into the case, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi