Govt school teacher held for raping student in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A government school teacher was arrested on Sunday in Dhamtari district of Chhattisgarh for allegedly raping a minor student, police said.
Hemant Kumar Chaurasiya (25), a teacher of the Government High School at Kaspur village, was arrested from his native village Sakara in the district for raping the 17-year-old girl on December 13, SP, Dhamtari Akbar Ram Korram told reporters here.
Further probes are on into the case, the SP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what