GPS device recovered from Naxal hideout in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: In an alarming recovery of advanced direction-finder devices, security forces in Chhattisgarh have recovered an operational GPS device from a Naxal hideout in Rajnadgaon district.
The recovery of the Global Positioning System device, a satellite navigation system that helps find location and time data, has alarmed security and intelligence agencies as such a device was earlier never found with the ultras.
The recovery was made by a joint security team led by the paramilitary Indo-Tibetan Border Police in the jungles of Barnara and Khursipar last week.
The other recoveries, after the raid was conducted by the forces, included 10 memory cards, two pen drives (each of 4GB and 2GB storage space), a BSNL SIM card, medicine packets, printers, scanners, fax machines and few 12-volt photo voltaic cells.
Security sources said that while there have been many recoveries in the past of all these items from a Maoist camp or a hideout, an operational GPS device is a cause of worry.
"It is not exactly known if the ultras are adept at using the GPS for planning their moves in the jungles, but one thing is sure that they are learning the device," a senior security official said.
Security forces like ITBP are already using these devices to chart their plans and patrols during anti-naxal operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'