Guard of honour given to eight CRPF jawans in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: A guard of honour was given to eight CRPF jawans from Orissa, who were killed in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and other senior police officers offered floral tribute to the martyrs at the CRPF group centre here.
The bodies, flown here last night by a special flight, were later handed over to their family members who were present on the occasion.
The state government had last night announced ex-gratia and pension to the next of kin of the victims.
The eight -- Bidyadhar Barik, Ranjan Kumar Sahu, Panuram Nayak, Tushar Baral, R C Hembram, Pankaj Mohanty, Sudam Chandra Das and Gobinda Pradhan -- were among the 27 CRPF personnel killed in the Naxal attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj