Guard of honour given to eight CRPF jawans in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: A guard of honour was given to eight CRPF jawans from Orissa, who were killed in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and other senior police officers offered floral tribute to the martyrs at the CRPF group centre here.
The bodies, flown here last night by a special flight, were later handed over to their family members who were present on the occasion.
The state government had last night announced ex-gratia and pension to the next of kin of the victims.
The eight -- Bidyadhar Barik, Ranjan Kumar Sahu, Panuram Nayak, Tushar Baral, R C Hembram, Pankaj Mohanty, Sudam Chandra Das and Gobinda Pradhan -- were among the 27 CRPF personnel killed in the Naxal attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi