Guard of honour given to eight CRPF jawans in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: A guard of honour was given to eight CRPF jawans from Orissa, who were killed in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and other senior police officers offered floral tribute to the martyrs at the CRPF group centre here.
The bodies, flown here last night by a special flight, were later handed over to their family members who were present on the occasion.
The state government had last night announced ex-gratia and pension to the next of kin of the victims.
The eight -- Bidyadhar Barik, Ranjan Kumar Sahu, Panuram Nayak, Tushar Baral, R C Hembram, Pankaj Mohanty, Sudam Chandra Das and Gobinda Pradhan -- were among the 27 CRPF personnel killed in the Naxal attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!