Guard of honour given to eight CRPF jawans in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: A guard of honour was given to eight CRPF jawans from Orissa, who were killed in a Maoist attack in Chhattisgarh`s Narayanpur district.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik and other senior police officers offered floral tribute to the martyrs at the CRPF group centre here.
The bodies, flown here last night by a special flight, were later handed over to their family members who were present on the occasion.
The state government had last night announced ex-gratia and pension to the next of kin of the victims.
The eight -- Bidyadhar Barik, Ranjan Kumar Sahu, Panuram Nayak, Tushar Baral, R C Hembram, Pankaj Mohanty, Sudam Chandra Das and Gobinda Pradhan -- were among the 27 CRPF personnel killed in the Naxal attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport