Hanging of Kasab a warning to terrorists: Raman
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said that hanging of Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab will serve as a warning to terrorists.
Welcoming the execution of Kasab, Singh said the death sentence awarded to him was a warning to those indulging in violence and terrorist activities, officials said Thursday.
Kasab needed to be hanged as he had killed a number of innocent people, he said.
Though there was a little delay, but it was a right step to punish him, the Chief Minister said, adding that a decision on 2001 Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru should also be taken soon.
Kasab was hanged to death at Yerawada jail in Pune yesterday.
Kasab and nine other Pakistani terrorists had landed in south Mumbai on November 26, 2008, after travelling from Karachi by sea and had gone on a shooting spree at various landmarks, killing 166 people, including foreigners.
While Kasab was captured alive, the other terrorists had been killed by security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'