Hanging of Kasab a warning to terrorists: Raman
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said that hanging of Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab will serve as a warning to terrorists.
Welcoming the execution of Kasab, Singh said the death sentence awarded to him was a warning to those indulging in violence and terrorist activities, officials said Thursday.
Kasab needed to be hanged as he had killed a number of innocent people, he said.
Though there was a little delay, but it was a right step to punish him, the Chief Minister said, adding that a decision on 2001 Parliament attack case convict Afzal Guru should also be taken soon.
Kasab was hanged to death at Yerawada jail in Pune yesterday.
Kasab and nine other Pakistani terrorists had landed in south Mumbai on November 26, 2008, after travelling from Karachi by sea and had gone on a shooting spree at various landmarks, killing 166 people, including foreigners.
While Kasab was captured alive, the other terrorists had been killed by security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3