HC cancels exam for Sub Inspectors in Ch`garh
Bilaspur: The Chhattisgarh High Court has nullified the examination for sub-inspectors, subedars and platoon commanders held by the state administration for not following the rules of reservation meant for ex-servicemen.
The order was issued on a petition filed by Praveen Dwivedi and nine other ex-servicemen.
The single bench of Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra yesterday cancelled the main examination conducted for as many as 758 posts of sub-inspectors, subedars and platoon commanders on June 24 and 25 last year by the state administration, petitioner`s lawyer Pratik Sharma said Thursday.
The court directed the state to conduct a fresh examination, giving the petitioners an opportunity to appear in it.
The state police department had conducted the examination for the said posts in 2011 and later the main test was conducted on June 24 and 25 last year. The physical test and interview were conducted from March 7-11 this year, he said.
The petitioners contended that the ex-servicemen have reservation under Ex-Servicemen (Recruitment to State Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1985, but during the examination these rules were not followed.
During a previous hearing in the matter, the Chhattisgarh High Court had stayed the recruitment process and had issued notices to the respondent state with direction to file replies.
Initially, the state government did not respond but later it replied to the court that the selection was being done under amendment rules 2006, hence the provisions of recruitment rules 1985 do not comply with the process, he said.
During the last hearing, the court had reserved the order in the matter and stayed the recruitment process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!