HC cancels exam for Sub Inspectors in Ch`garh
Bilaspur: The Chhattisgarh High Court has nullified the examination for sub-inspectors, subedars and platoon commanders held by the state administration for not following the rules of reservation meant for ex-servicemen.
The order was issued on a petition filed by Praveen Dwivedi and nine other ex-servicemen.
The single bench of Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra yesterday cancelled the main examination conducted for as many as 758 posts of sub-inspectors, subedars and platoon commanders on June 24 and 25 last year by the state administration, petitioner`s lawyer Pratik Sharma said Thursday.
The court directed the state to conduct a fresh examination, giving the petitioners an opportunity to appear in it.
The state police department had conducted the examination for the said posts in 2011 and later the main test was conducted on June 24 and 25 last year. The physical test and interview were conducted from March 7-11 this year, he said.
The petitioners contended that the ex-servicemen have reservation under Ex-Servicemen (Recruitment to State Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1985, but during the examination these rules were not followed.
During a previous hearing in the matter, the Chhattisgarh High Court had stayed the recruitment process and had issued notices to the respondent state with direction to file replies.
Initially, the state government did not respond but later it replied to the court that the selection was being done under amendment rules 2006, hence the provisions of recruitment rules 1985 do not comply with the process, he said.
During the last hearing, the court had reserved the order in the matter and stayed the recruitment process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security