HC cancels exam for Sub Inspectors in Ch`garh
Bilaspur: The Chhattisgarh High Court has nullified the examination for sub-inspectors, subedars and platoon commanders held by the state administration for not following the rules of reservation meant for ex-servicemen.
The order was issued on a petition filed by Praveen Dwivedi and nine other ex-servicemen.
The single bench of Justice Prashant Kumar Mishra yesterday cancelled the main examination conducted for as many as 758 posts of sub-inspectors, subedars and platoon commanders on June 24 and 25 last year by the state administration, petitioner`s lawyer Pratik Sharma said Thursday.
The court directed the state to conduct a fresh examination, giving the petitioners an opportunity to appear in it.
The state police department had conducted the examination for the said posts in 2011 and later the main test was conducted on June 24 and 25 last year. The physical test and interview were conducted from March 7-11 this year, he said.
The petitioners contended that the ex-servicemen have reservation under Ex-Servicemen (Recruitment to State Civil Services and Posts) Rules, 1985, but during the examination these rules were not followed.
During a previous hearing in the matter, the Chhattisgarh High Court had stayed the recruitment process and had issued notices to the respondent state with direction to file replies.
Initially, the state government did not respond but later it replied to the court that the selection was being done under amendment rules 2006, hence the provisions of recruitment rules 1985 do not comply with the process, he said.
During the last hearing, the court had reserved the order in the matter and stayed the recruitment process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!