HC quashes all petitions against Kamal Vihar scheme in Chattisgarh
Bilaspur: In a major relief to the state government, the Chhattisgarh High Court has quashed all the 23 petitions filed against the Kamal Vihar town development scheme of the Raipur Development Authority (RDA).
Justice Prashant Mishra yesterday dismissed all the petitions filed by the project-affected persons, who alleged that the provisions of land acquisition, compensation as well as that of Chhattisgarh Town and Country Planning were flouted while developing the Kamal Vihar township, public prosecutor Sumesh Bajaj told PTI.
The RDA had conceived the Kamal Vihar integrated township scheme in the year 2008, which was to be developed on around 416 acres of land in some of the villages, including Boreakhurd, Dunda, Dumartarai and others, located on the outskirts of Raipur on old Dhamtari road.
However, in 2009, the authority increased the township area to around 2,300 acres and issued a notification in this regard. The government titled the scheme as Kamal Vihar Yojna in 2010.
However, some of those, whose lands were acquired for the project filed more than 23 petitions stating that provisions of land acquisitions, compensation, central environment clearance and Chhattisgarh Town and Country Planning were violated during the land acquisition process, Bajaj said.
During the previous hearings, the court had questioned the state government as well as RDA in this connection and the government had ruled out any foul play in the project and said the norms were strictly followed during the land acquisition.
Meanwhile, some petitioners turned back and withdrew their petitions, while the court had reserved its verdict for the rest of the 23 petitions, Bajaj added.
On Monday, the court rejected all the petitions in its 45-page decision, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark