‘Helping Naxal-hit districts top priority`
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh has said that providing all facilities to Naxal-infested districts in the state and bringing back Maoists to the mainstream is on the topmost agenda of his government.
He was addressing a public gathering to mark the creation of Sukma district, carved out of Maoist-affected Dantewada, yesterday.
Singh said all arrangements for better education, healthcare, infrastructure would be in place soon for the newly-carved out district to enable speedy development in all areas.
Besides, providing for all support to naxal-hit districts in the state would be the priority, he said.
He appealed people to identify anti-social elements and outlaws, detrimental to the developmental process and help the government in rooting them out and called for active
participation in administrative areas and public welfare schemes.
Singh said the government is also ready to embrace naxals, who want to surrender and join the mainstream and would try to facilitate their transition in the most easy manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!