High school Principal murdered in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Principal of a high school has been murdered in Surguja region of Chhattisgarh, police officials said on Saturday.
Ramashankar Bhagat, Principal of the high school at Bataikela village under Sitapur police station area, was attacked by unidentified persons yesterday.
The 50-year-old teacher on his way to the school on a motorcycle when the assailants hit him with a stick and when he fell down, fatally assaulted him with sharp weapons, the officials told PTI by phone.
The attackers managed to escape from the spot, they said, adding land dispute is suspected to be the reason behind the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites