High school Principal murdered in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Principal of a high school has been murdered in Surguja region of Chhattisgarh, police officials said on Saturday.
Ramashankar Bhagat, Principal of the high school at Bataikela village under Sitapur police station area, was attacked by unidentified persons yesterday.
The 50-year-old teacher on his way to the school on a motorcycle when the assailants hit him with a stick and when he fell down, fatally assaulted him with sharp weapons, the officials told PTI by phone.
The attackers managed to escape from the spot, they said, adding land dispute is suspected to be the reason behind the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest