High school Principal murdered in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Principal of a high school has been murdered in Surguja region of Chhattisgarh, police officials said on Saturday.
Ramashankar Bhagat, Principal of the high school at Bataikela village under Sitapur police station area, was attacked by unidentified persons yesterday.
The 50-year-old teacher on his way to the school on a motorcycle when the assailants hit him with a stick and when he fell down, fatally assaulted him with sharp weapons, the officials told PTI by phone.
The attackers managed to escape from the spot, they said, adding land dispute is suspected to be the reason behind the murder.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!