High school Principal murdered in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Principal of a high school has been murdered in Surguja region of Chhattisgarh, police officials said on Saturday.
Ramashankar Bhagat, Principal of the high school at Bataikela village under Sitapur police station area, was attacked by unidentified persons yesterday.
The 50-year-old teacher on his way to the school on a motorcycle when the assailants hit him with a stick and when he fell down, fatally assaulted him with sharp weapons, the officials told PTI by phone.
The attackers managed to escape from the spot, they said, adding land dispute is suspected to be the reason behind the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends