Hollywood action films part of Naxal training manual: Police
Raipur: Action and war films from Hollywood, the entertainment mecca of `capitalist` USA, are being used as a training tool by Naxals, a senior police official has said.
Recently, a CRPF jawan`s body was found with an explosive device surgically implanted inside. Authorities said that this tactic was straight out of the Oscar-winning war film `Hurt Locker` (2008).
Chhattisgarh police recently recovered CD players and CDs of Hollywood movies from a Naxal training camp in Bijapur district. These were action films, depicting commando training, bomb making process and warfare strategies.
"The forces recovered 8 CDs of Hollywood movies when they busted a Naxal training camp in forests of Pidiya village," said RK Vij, Additional Director General of Police, Naxal Operations, told PTI.
"CDs of the movies like `Behind Enemy Lines`, `Delta Force`, `Die Hard`, `Matrix` and `God Must Be Crazy` were among those recovered from the site," Vij said.
"Prima facie, it appears that Naxals were using CDs for training tribals," he said.
"The proactive measures by security forces have made it difficult for Naxals to hold mass training camps. So they may be taking the help of action films," he said.
A senior official with Intelligence Bureau also said, on the condition of anonymity, that ultras were using Hollywood movies to "learn offence strategies and to get know-how about the latest weapons for the past several years".
"The recent incident in Jharkhand where Maoists surgically implanted bomb inside the stomach of a CRPF personnel (killed in an encounter in Latehar district) was taken from a Hollywood movie," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation