Huge cache of arms recovered from Maoist hideout in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A huge cache of arms and ammunition, including 39 cartridges and 20 grenades, was recovered from a Maoist hideout near Chhattisgarh-Maharashtra border in Rajnandgaon district, police said on Thursday.
In a joint operation, paramilitary Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and police force recovered the weapons yesterday during a search in the forest area of hilly Kaarutola and Mangikhuta region along the inter-state border, Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Shukla said.
During the search operation, carried out on intelligence inputs, a 315 bore rifle, 12 bore rifle double barrel, 12 bore single barrel and 12 bore country-made rifle besides 21 cartridges of 315 bore gun, 18 cartridges of 12 bore gun, four claymore mines, 20 grenades along with several other materials used to make explosives, were recovered, the SP said.
Naxal literature and other items were also recovered from the site, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH