Huge cache of arms recovered from Maoist hideout in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A huge cache of arms and ammunition, including 39 cartridges and 20 grenades, was recovered from a Maoist hideout near Chhattisgarh-Maharashtra border in Rajnandgaon district, police said on Thursday.
In a joint operation, paramilitary Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and police force recovered the weapons yesterday during a search in the forest area of hilly Kaarutola and Mangikhuta region along the inter-state border, Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Shukla said.
During the search operation, carried out on intelligence inputs, a 315 bore rifle, 12 bore rifle double barrel, 12 bore single barrel and 12 bore country-made rifle besides 21 cartridges of 315 bore gun, 18 cartridges of 12 bore gun, four claymore mines, 20 grenades along with several other materials used to make explosives, were recovered, the SP said.
Naxal literature and other items were also recovered from the site, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'