Huge cache of explosives, Naxal material seized in Chhattisgarh
Rajnandgaon: A huge cache of explosives and Naxal-related material was recovered during a search operation in Maoist-hit Rajnandgaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
The Naxal dump was unearthed and seized from the forest of Jakke and Kumurkatta villages under Khadgaon police station limits last evening, Rajnandgaon Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Shukla said.
A joint force of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and district police went on a combing operation in the forests of Khadgaon following a tip-off and recovered gelatin packets weighing around 20 kgs, three steel containers, Naxal uniforms, their literature and other related material, besides items of daily use, he said.
Prime facie it appears that the recovered explosives were allegedly looted from Mahamaya iron ore mines located in Dallirajhra of Balod area, he said.
Further investigation will furnish more details regarding its origination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!