Huge cache of explosives, Naxal material seized in Chhattisgarh
Rajnandgaon: A huge cache of explosives and Naxal-related material was recovered during a search operation in Maoist-hit Rajnandgaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
The Naxal dump was unearthed and seized from the forest of Jakke and Kumurkatta villages under Khadgaon police station limits last evening, Rajnandgaon Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Shukla said.
A joint force of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and district police went on a combing operation in the forests of Khadgaon following a tip-off and recovered gelatin packets weighing around 20 kgs, three steel containers, Naxal uniforms, their literature and other related material, besides items of daily use, he said.
Prime facie it appears that the recovered explosives were allegedly looted from Mahamaya iron ore mines located in Dallirajhra of Balod area, he said.
Further investigation will furnish more details regarding its origination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city