Huge cache of explosives, Naxal material seized in Chhattisgarh
Rajnandgaon: A huge cache of explosives and Naxal-related material was recovered during a search operation in Maoist-hit Rajnandgaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
The Naxal dump was unearthed and seized from the forest of Jakke and Kumurkatta villages under Khadgaon police station limits last evening, Rajnandgaon Superintendent of Police Sanjeev Shukla said.
A joint force of Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and district police went on a combing operation in the forests of Khadgaon following a tip-off and recovered gelatin packets weighing around 20 kgs, three steel containers, Naxal uniforms, their literature and other related material, besides items of daily use, he said.
Prime facie it appears that the recovered explosives were allegedly looted from Mahamaya iron ore mines located in Dallirajhra of Balod area, he said.
Further investigation will furnish more details regarding its origination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured