IED recovered by ITBP in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: An IED suspected to have been planted by Maoists was recovered by ITBP personnel in the course of an anti-Naxal operation in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district.
The Improvised Explosive Device weighing eight kg was
found lying three ft beneath the soil near a culvert in Hidder
village in the district by security personnel during an
operation yesterday, a senior official said.
The IED was cleverly hidden by the side of the culvert
and if activated, it could have trapped a vehicle killing
several security men, they said.
Security forces have launched a sanitisation exercise
following the recovery in the area to check whether there are
more such devices, they said.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), a paramilitary
force, has been deployed for anti-Naxal operations in the
district since the last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic
- Court hears horror of Khmer Rouge forced marriages
- PE inflows in real estate up 33% at Rs 5,193 crore in January-June
- WATCH: Chandrababu Naidu plays badminton with PV Sindhu on stage during felicitation ceremony