IED recovered by ITBP in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: An IED suspected to have been planted by Maoists was recovered by ITBP personnel in the course of an anti-Naxal operation in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district.
The Improvised Explosive Device weighing eight kg was
found lying three ft beneath the soil near a culvert in Hidder
village in the district by security personnel during an
operation yesterday, a senior official said.
The IED was cleverly hidden by the side of the culvert
and if activated, it could have trapped a vehicle killing
several security men, they said.
Security forces have launched a sanitisation exercise
following the recovery in the area to check whether there are
more such devices, they said.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), a paramilitary
force, has been deployed for anti-Naxal operations in the
district since the last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days