IED recovered by ITBP in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: An IED suspected to have been planted by Maoists was recovered by ITBP personnel in the course of an anti-Naxal operation in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district.
The Improvised Explosive Device weighing eight kg was
found lying three ft beneath the soil near a culvert in Hidder
village in the district by security personnel during an
operation yesterday, a senior official said.
The IED was cleverly hidden by the side of the culvert
and if activated, it could have trapped a vehicle killing
several security men, they said.
Security forces have launched a sanitisation exercise
following the recovery in the area to check whether there are
more such devices, they said.
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), a paramilitary
force, has been deployed for anti-Naxal operations in the
district since the last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof