IED recovered in Chhattisgarh`s Kondagaon
Raipur: A 25-kg IED, suspected to have been planted by Naxals to target polling staff and security forces during the Lok Sabha polls, was recovered in Chhattisgarh`s Kondagaon district, police said on Friday.
A detonator and 70m wire were also recovered from the spot in the Maoist-affected district yesterday.
A team of district police was on a combing operation when it recovered the explosive placed beneath a road near Hangwamini bridge on a rivulet, Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police Surjit Atri told.
The explosive was planted by red rebels to attack the polling parties and security personnel during the polls this month, he said.
Security forces are conducting de-mining operations in several areas of Bastar region ahead of voting to ensure violence-free polling.
Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) have been recovered from several Naxal-affected districts, including Balod and Kondagaon, in the past one week.
Chhattisgarh, which has 11 Lok Sabha seats, will vote in three phases on April 10, 17 and 24.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents