Illegal explosives factory busted in Janjgir-Champa
Raipur: The police on Wednesday busted an illegal explosive factory in Janjgir-Champa district of Chhattisgarh and recovered a huge cache including fuse wires, sulphur powder and ammonium nitrate.
The police suspect that explosives were being supplied to ultras in Maoist-affected Rajnandgaon district.
"Acting on a tip-off, a police party raided a plant owned by Rashid Ahmed Khan, located on the Champa-Korba road in Champa, where they seized 25 quintals of fuse wire, 70 kg of ammonium nitrate, around 100 quintals of sulphur powder and six drums of aluminium, used in manufacturing explosives," Superintendent of Police (SP) Shaikh Arif Hussain said.
"We had information that explosives were being supplied to Rajnandgaon and neighbouring states and we cannot rule out the possibility of a Maoist connection," he said.
Rashid Ahmed`s son, Firoz Ahmed (55) too has been arrested in this connection, he said, adding that efforts are on to trace Rashid and several others allegedly involved with the manufacturing unit.
Allegedly, Rashid holds a license for storing upto 15 kilograms of explosives, but he illegally ran a manufacturing unit, he said.
The arrested is being questioned and further investigation is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial