Illegal explosives factory busted in Janjgir-Champa
Raipur: The police on Wednesday busted an illegal explosive factory in Janjgir-Champa district of Chhattisgarh and recovered a huge cache including fuse wires, sulphur powder and ammonium nitrate.
The police suspect that explosives were being supplied to ultras in Maoist-affected Rajnandgaon district.
"Acting on a tip-off, a police party raided a plant owned by Rashid Ahmed Khan, located on the Champa-Korba road in Champa, where they seized 25 quintals of fuse wire, 70 kg of ammonium nitrate, around 100 quintals of sulphur powder and six drums of aluminium, used in manufacturing explosives," Superintendent of Police (SP) Shaikh Arif Hussain said.
"We had information that explosives were being supplied to Rajnandgaon and neighbouring states and we cannot rule out the possibility of a Maoist connection," he said.
Rashid Ahmed`s son, Firoz Ahmed (55) too has been arrested in this connection, he said, adding that efforts are on to trace Rashid and several others allegedly involved with the manufacturing unit.
Allegedly, Rashid holds a license for storing upto 15 kilograms of explosives, but he illegally ran a manufacturing unit, he said.
The arrested is being questioned and further investigation is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad