In a change of tactics, Naxals stabbed CISF troops to death
Raipur: Stab injuries and not bullets were responsible for the killing of two CISF jawans deployed for the security of NMDC mines area in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district.
Investigators have found that in a change of tactis, suspected Naxals, in the garb of locals, killed the paramilitary troopers early yesterday when they were on duty at the Bacheli complex of the mining facility.
State police and CISF authorities are yet to apprehend the people who carried out the attack on the two troopers.
"The two dead troopers were stabbed to death. Naxals, disguised as locals, were present in the nearby area and they carried out the attack on our boys. We are reviewing the situation," CISF Deputy Inspector General (Operations) Jaideep Prasad told a news agency.
The DIG said no bullets were fired by the suspected Maoists as this would have alerted the reinforcements and other security personnel in the vicinity.
Prasad, along with force Special DG R R Verma, reached the area for an on-spot assessment of the security of the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) facility as well as the troops posted here.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has deployed about 600 personnel to guard these mine reserves of the Bailadila region.
The suspected Naxals, who security officials said were dressed as locals, also looted the weapons of the two dead troopers-- an AK-47 rifle and an INSAS.
The Bacheli-Kirandul complex in Dantewada district has witnessed a number of Naxal attacks and six CISF men were killed earlier this year in an ambush by the ultras in this Naxal hotbed in Bastar region of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Merkel in no hurry for Britain to trigger EU exit process
- Lalchand Rajput appointed as the coach of Afghanistan cricket team
- Subramanian Swamy makes explosive claims, says Kejriwal didn't get rank in IIT, Sonia wanted Emergency in 2012
- I'm going nowhere, says UK opposition leader Corbyn
- Shocking! 13-year-old girl raped, set ablaze in Rajasthan