In a change of tactics, Naxals stabbed CISF troops to death
Raipur: Stab injuries and not bullets were responsible for the killing of two CISF jawans deployed for the security of NMDC mines area in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada district.
Investigators have found that in a change of tactis, suspected Naxals, in the garb of locals, killed the paramilitary troopers early yesterday when they were on duty at the Bacheli complex of the mining facility.
State police and CISF authorities are yet to apprehend the people who carried out the attack on the two troopers.
"The two dead troopers were stabbed to death. Naxals, disguised as locals, were present in the nearby area and they carried out the attack on our boys. We are reviewing the situation," CISF Deputy Inspector General (Operations) Jaideep Prasad told a news agency.
The DIG said no bullets were fired by the suspected Maoists as this would have alerted the reinforcements and other security personnel in the vicinity.
Prasad, along with force Special DG R R Verma, reached the area for an on-spot assessment of the security of the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) facility as well as the troops posted here.
The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has deployed about 600 personnel to guard these mine reserves of the Bailadila region.
The suspected Naxals, who security officials said were dressed as locals, also looted the weapons of the two dead troopers-- an AK-47 rifle and an INSAS.
The Bacheli-Kirandul complex in Dantewada district has witnessed a number of Naxal attacks and six CISF men were killed earlier this year in an ambush by the ultras in this Naxal hotbed in Bastar region of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi