Industrialist`s kidnapped son untraced in Bhilai
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Police are clueless about the whereabouts of the 16-year-old son of a leading industrialist who was kidnapped Dec 15 in full public view when he was waiting for his school bus outside his house.
Three masked men picked up DPS student Aditya Shah, son of Simplex Group chairman Shailesh Shah, in a white Indica car from near his home in Nehru Ngar locality of Bhilai.
The kidnapping has raised a big question mark about the capability of police in the state, which has witnessed a series of kidnappings in 2011.
Officers at police headquarters who are assigned to the case have been tight-lipped so far though Home Minister Nankiram Kanwar said Monday the case will be cracked soon. However, a source at the police headquarters said: "There is no clue whatsoever in the case and we are completely groping in the dark even after 11 days of the kidnapping."
The family members and relatives of the boy have been refusing to talk to the media on the issue.
The opposition Congress has said that criminals and abductors are ruling the roost in Chhattisgarh as the law and order situation had collapsed during the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) regime.
"The state is in the grip of criminals and nobody is feeling safe. A kidnapping industry exists in the state, right from the northern Surguja region to the southern tip of Bastar. Police are completely unable to crack a single case," Ravindra Choubey, leader of the opposition in the Assembly, told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth