Industrialist`s kidnapped son untraced in Bhilai
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Police are clueless about the whereabouts of the 16-year-old son of a leading industrialist who was kidnapped Dec 15 in full public view when he was waiting for his school bus outside his house.
Three masked men picked up DPS student Aditya Shah, son of Simplex Group chairman Shailesh Shah, in a white Indica car from near his home in Nehru Ngar locality of Bhilai.
The kidnapping has raised a big question mark about the capability of police in the state, which has witnessed a series of kidnappings in 2011.
Officers at police headquarters who are assigned to the case have been tight-lipped so far though Home Minister Nankiram Kanwar said Monday the case will be cracked soon. However, a source at the police headquarters said: "There is no clue whatsoever in the case and we are completely groping in the dark even after 11 days of the kidnapping."
The family members and relatives of the boy have been refusing to talk to the media on the issue.
The opposition Congress has said that criminals and abductors are ruling the roost in Chhattisgarh as the law and order situation had collapsed during the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) regime.
"The state is in the grip of criminals and nobody is feeling safe. A kidnapping industry exists in the state, right from the northern Surguja region to the southern tip of Bastar. Police are completely unable to crack a single case," Ravindra Choubey, leader of the opposition in the Assembly, told reporters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference