Industrialist`s kidnapped son untraced in Bhilai
Raipur: Chhattisgarh Police are clueless about the whereabouts of the 16-year-old son of a leading industrialist who was kidnapped Dec 15 in full public view when he was waiting for his school bus outside his house.
Three masked men picked up DPS student Aditya Shah, son of Simplex Group chairman Shailesh Shah, in a white Indica car from near his home in Nehru Ngar locality of Bhilai.
The kidnapping has raised a big question mark about the capability of police in the state, which has witnessed a series of kidnappings in 2011.
Officers at police headquarters who are assigned to the case have been tight-lipped so far though Home Minister Nankiram Kanwar said Monday the case will be cracked soon. However, a source at the police headquarters said: "There is no clue whatsoever in the case and we are completely groping in the dark even after 11 days of the kidnapping."
The family members and relatives of the boy have been refusing to talk to the media on the issue.
The opposition Congress has said that criminals and abductors are ruling the roost in Chhattisgarh as the law and order situation had collapsed during the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) regime.
"The state is in the grip of criminals and nobody is feeling safe. A kidnapping industry exists in the state, right from the northern Surguja region to the southern tip of Bastar. Police are completely unable to crack a single case," Ravindra Choubey, leader of the opposition in the Assembly, told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy