ITBP jawan killed in encounter, Naxals arrested
Raipur: Security forces have apprehended more than a dozen Naxals after a gunbattle which left an ITBP jawan dead in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district, official sources said on Friday.
The Naxals, including two of their top operatives, have been apprehended from Pattamwadvi jungles of the district after a five-day-long operation by the ITBP and state police
which ended yesterday, sources said.
ITBP constable Bhoop Singh, who sustained bullet wounds in the attack, succumbed to his injuries later, they said.
Security forces have also seized some ammunition after the operation, which began on January 28, and 17 Naxals who were apprehended have been handed over to the local
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court