ITBP jawan killed in encounter, Naxals arrested
Raipur: Security forces have apprehended more than a dozen Naxals after a gunbattle which left an ITBP jawan dead in Chhattisgarh`s Rajnandgaon district, official sources said on Friday.
The Naxals, including two of their top operatives, have been apprehended from Pattamwadvi jungles of the district after a five-day-long operation by the ITBP and state police
which ended yesterday, sources said.
ITBP constable Bhoop Singh, who sustained bullet wounds in the attack, succumbed to his injuries later, they said.
Security forces have also seized some ammunition after the operation, which began on January 28, and 17 Naxals who were apprehended have been handed over to the local
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’