It`s for IT to take cognisance of Vadra`s dealings: VC Shukla
Raigarh: Congress veteran Vidya Charan Shukla on Sunday said it was for Income Tax department to take cognisance of the transactions between Robert Vadra and real estate company DLF and the government had nothing to do with it.
"The dealings are between Vadra and DLF is the matter between two parties. Government is not involved here and the Income Tax department should take cognisance of the matter," he told reporters while replying to quesries on whether the Centre should order a probe into allegations against Vadra.
Shukla said Vadra is not the member of Congress. "As per my information he is not the primary member of Congress party," the former union minister said.
Activist Arvind Kejriwal and Prashant Bhushan alleged on Friday that companies promoted by Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, acquired properties worth crores of rupees in the Congress-ruled states of Haryana and Delhi over the past four years with a total share capital of only Rs 50 lakh.
Vadra dismissed the allegations saying Kejriwal and Bhushan are trying to gain "cheap publicity".
DLF has also rejected the allegations that it had given unsecured loans to Vadra as a `quid pro quo` for favours and said it had transparent dealing with him as an individual entrepreneur.
Shukla criticised Congress MP from Haryana Naveen Jindal for making "no contribution" in strengthening the party in Chhattisgarh.
"Naveen Jindal is known only as a businessman in Chhattisgarh. He never participated in any party programme be it at the block level or state level. Jindal has no role in strengthening the party in the state," Shukla said.
Dismissing possibility of Third Front in the state, Shukla said, "common people will dislodge the corrupt Raman Singh government in the forthcoming Assembly polls".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE:CM Fadnavis thanks people of Maharashtra for 'huge' victory as BJP clinches 81 seats; Shiv Sena 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Big setback for Shiv Sena as BJP bags 81 seats in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway