Jamshedpur police seeks Tapuriah`s custody in cheating case
Mumbai: In more trouble for Kolkata-based
businessman Kashinath Tapuriah, arrested along with close aide Hasan Ali Khan in a multi-crore money laundering scam, the Jamshedpur police have approached a court here seeking his
custody in a cheating case registered 17 years ago.
Officials from the Golmuri police in Jamshedpur filed an
application before a special sessions court here seeking
Tapuriah`s custody for investigation in the case registered in
1994 for cheating and criminal breach of trust.
A magistrate`s court in Jamshedpur had last week issued
a warrant for Tapuriah to be produced before it who is
currently lodged in Arthur Road prison in central Mumbai.
Meanwhile, another application has been filed by local
Worli police station seeking permission to question Tapuriah
inside Arthur Road jail in connection with the fake passport
case registered against Khan.
According to the Worli police, Tapuriah had helped Khan
acquire a fake passport on the basis of forged documents. Khan
traveled to Singapore on this passport along with Tapuriah to
open accounts in a bank there.
The court has kept both the applications for hearing on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?