Jogi demands Prez rule in Naxal-hit Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister
Ajit Jogi, today demanded to impose President`s rule in the
state, in the wake of Naxal violence.
Jogi, the first Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, asked the
UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi, to demand for the President`s
rule in the BJP-ruled state.
"The Raman Singh-led government has totally failed to
curb the Naxal menace, inspite of repeated Maoists attack on
security personnel in the state," Jogi said.
Singh has never taken responsibility for the security
lapses in the state, Jogi said.
Jogi charged the Raman Singh government for keeping alive
the Maoists issue, and has not done enough to curb the Naxal
activities in the state.
The saffron party gained mostly from the Naxal-infested
regions as it had helped to come to power in 2003 and also in
2008 assembly polls, Jogi alleged.
He also said with the Naxal-issue, BJP is eyeing to
remain in power, and with Singh at the helm of state`s
affair there would not be any curb on Naxal activities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case