Jogi for CBI probe into wildlife killings
Raipur: Claiming that poachers have virtually taken over Chhattisgarh`s sanctuaries, Congress leader Ajit Jogi Monday sought a CBI probe into a spate of killings of tigers and other wild animals in the state.
"Poachers have done massive networking in the state, they have virtually taken command over sanctuaries and parks. Dozens of tigers, leopards, elephants and other animals were killed in the state in recent months and the poachers supplied organs of these animals to China and the US," Jogi said in a statement.
"The CBI should probe the spate of killings of rare wild animals in Chhattisgarh," he added.
Last week, a six-year-old tigress was killed in Bhoramdev sanctuary in Kawardha, the home district of Chief Minister Raman Singh. In September, a mob lynched a tigress in presence of forest officials in Rajnandgaon district.
Meanwhile, the forest department Monday said four people, included two forest department staff, have been arrested for the Bhoramdev sanctuary killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’