Jogi, Karma, Sori file nominations in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Former Chhattisgarh chief minister Ajit Jogi, Deepak Karma - son of late Congress leader Mahendra Karma, and tribal activist Soni Sori were among those who filed their nominations on Friday for the Lok Sabha elections in the tribal-dominated state.
Jogi, a Congress veteran, filed his papers from Mahasamund while Deepak Karma filed his nomination papers for Bastar.
AAP`s nominee Soni Sori, who had faced allegations of having links with Maoist, also filed her nomination from the Bastar seat.
So far, 12 candidates have filed their nominations from three constituencies of Bastar, Mahasamund and Rajnandgaon in the state.
Chhattisgarh will have a three-phase polling for its 11 parliamentary seats.
The Naxal-hit Bastar will have a polling on April 10, while three other Naxal-affected constituencies -- Mahasamund, Kanker and Rajnandgaon -- will go to the polls on April 17.
The remaining constituencies -- Surguja, Raigarh, Durg, Janjgir-Champa, Raipur, Korba and Bilaspur – will see the polling on April 24.
There are 1,75,29,148 voters in the state, as of February 5.
In 2009, BJP had won ten seats in the state while Congress had managed to win only one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing