Jogi, Karma, Sori file nominations in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Former Chhattisgarh chief minister Ajit Jogi, Deepak Karma - son of late Congress leader Mahendra Karma, and tribal activist Soni Sori were among those who filed their nominations on Friday for the Lok Sabha elections in the tribal-dominated state.
Jogi, a Congress veteran, filed his papers from Mahasamund while Deepak Karma filed his nomination papers for Bastar.
AAP`s nominee Soni Sori, who had faced allegations of having links with Maoist, also filed her nomination from the Bastar seat.
So far, 12 candidates have filed their nominations from three constituencies of Bastar, Mahasamund and Rajnandgaon in the state.
Chhattisgarh will have a three-phase polling for its 11 parliamentary seats.
The Naxal-hit Bastar will have a polling on April 10, while three other Naxal-affected constituencies -- Mahasamund, Kanker and Rajnandgaon -- will go to the polls on April 17.
The remaining constituencies -- Surguja, Raigarh, Durg, Janjgir-Champa, Raipur, Korba and Bilaspur – will see the polling on April 24.
There are 1,75,29,148 voters in the state, as of February 5.
In 2009, BJP had won ten seats in the state while Congress had managed to win only one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe