Junior official owns assets worth Rs 40 mn
Raipur: Raids at the premises of a junior official with the food and drugs department in Chhattisgarh have revealed assets not less than Rs 40 million, a source in the state`s Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said Wednesday.
"We raided locations of S Babu, a deputy drug controller, at Raipur and Durg Tuesday and found several documents and investment papers that confirmed he has illegally amassed properties of not less than Rs.40 million," the ACB source said.
The ACB has registered a case against him.
The source said the ACB was still analysing the documents seized during the raids and his illegally earned assets were expected to be much more. He is believed to have bought land in Kerala and some other states where ACB teams are to be dispatched soon.
Babu, 61, had retired last year from the food and drugs department and is currently working with the department on a contract basis.
ACB sources said the official had invested huge amounts of illegal money in purchasing flats, lands in prime localities in Raipur and Durg districts. He also owns several cars and has a good stock of gold and silver ornaments, they say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof