Junior official owns assets worth Rs 40 mn
Raipur: Raids at the premises of a junior official with the food and drugs department in Chhattisgarh have revealed assets not less than Rs 40 million, a source in the state`s Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said Wednesday.
"We raided locations of S Babu, a deputy drug controller, at Raipur and Durg Tuesday and found several documents and investment papers that confirmed he has illegally amassed properties of not less than Rs.40 million," the ACB source said.
The ACB has registered a case against him.
The source said the ACB was still analysing the documents seized during the raids and his illegally earned assets were expected to be much more. He is believed to have bought land in Kerala and some other states where ACB teams are to be dispatched soon.
Babu, 61, had retired last year from the food and drugs department and is currently working with the department on a contract basis.
ACB sources said the official had invested huge amounts of illegal money in purchasing flats, lands in prime localities in Raipur and Durg districts. He also owns several cars and has a good stock of gold and silver ornaments, they say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter