Killer elephants` victims kin to get Rs 1.5 lakh compensation
Raipur: The Chattisgarh government has
decided to provide a compensation of Rs 1.5 lakh to the kin of
those killed by wild elephants in the state, official sources
The state government for this purpose has accepted to
sanction Rs 60 lakh for Jashpur, Korea and Sarguja areas in
the state, they said.
The state government has increased the compensation
amount from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 1.5 lakh for the families
suffering from every case pertaining to mass loss taking place
in the state due to wild elephants, they said.
The compensation will be handed over through district
collector, sources said adding each village will be allocated
a compensation of Rs 20 lakh instantly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race