Kin of 165 martyred C`garh police officials given govt jobs
Raipur: As many as 165 kin of Chhattisgarh police officers who fell in the line of duty fighting Naxals in last six years, were given government jobs on compassionate
ground, official sources said on Monday.
The kin of 165 out of 203 officers-employees of Chhattisgarh police killed in combat with Naxals from 2004 to June 2010 have been given appointments as government
employees, they said.
The appointment of remaining 38 relatives was pending due to some reasons, they said.
In 2004, seven officials-employees of Chhattisgarh police were killed in Naxals infested areas, in 2005 10 were killed 10, 13 in 2006, 78 in 20007, 23 in 2008, 55 in 2009 while 17 officials and employees fell in the duty line this year between January and June, the official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!