Kondagaon SP removed after Maoists fire at Usendi` house
Raipur: A day after suspected Maoists opened fire at a Chhattisgarh minister`s house in Kondagaon and killed a security guard, the state government has removed the district Superintendent of Police following the incident.
Official sources said Chief Minister Raman Singh ordered immediate transfer of Kondagaon SP Deepak Jha following the attack at Women and Child Welfare Minister Lata Usendi`s residence last evening.
Jha was replaced by Commandant Prashant Agarwal from the State Armed Forces (fifth battalion), they said. Agarwal was asked to take charge from Thursday night.
The chief minister, meanwhile, has condemned the incident and expressed grief over the death of security guard Narsingh Markam.
Markam was seriously injured in the attack and succumbed to his injuries in a hospital yesterday. The assailants had taken away the weapon from him.
Singh also enquired about the well being of Usendi after the attack and spoke to Chhattisgarh DGP Anil M Navani, taking stock of the situation while directing him to increase the security cover of the minister and and her family.
Usendi was not in the house when three suspected Maoists, riding a motorcycle, fired at it yesterday. Some relatives of the minister were present in the house at the time of the incident but they were unharmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Film on 1983 World Cup win to give insights from dressing room
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' trailer leaves fans spellbound; earns 3 mn views in one day!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Iris with 'iris recognition' launched in India at Rs 13,999
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik detained in Srinagar ahead of Thursday's shutdown
- IPL 2016: Revealed – This is Sunrisers Hyderabad's Mustafizur Rahman’s biggest fear!