Liquor contractors have links with Ministers, MLAs: Kanwar
Korba: Chhattisgarh Home Minster Nankiram Kanwar has stirred up a controversy with his comments over liquor contractors` nexus with Ministers and MLAs in the BJP- ruled state.
Main opposition Congress has sought a clarification from the Minister over his comments here.
Speaking on the sidelines of a programme yesterday, Kanwar said "the government opens liquor shops and earns revenue from it, while liquor contractors also earn profit from it. This money goes to Ministers and MLAs."
The BJP leader did not elaborate but added "when I speak truth, people get angry."
In the backdrop of his comments, Chhattisgarh Congress spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi said "Congress party and the people of the state believe the statement given by the Home Minister was true and certified."
"He should reveal the identity of Ministers who have connection with liquor mafia," Trivedi demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter