Liquor contractors have links with Ministers, MLAs: Kanwar
Korba: Chhattisgarh Home Minster Nankiram Kanwar has stirred up a controversy with his comments over liquor contractors` nexus with Ministers and MLAs in the BJP- ruled state.
Main opposition Congress has sought a clarification from the Minister over his comments here.
Speaking on the sidelines of a programme yesterday, Kanwar said "the government opens liquor shops and earns revenue from it, while liquor contractors also earn profit from it. This money goes to Ministers and MLAs."
The BJP leader did not elaborate but added "when I speak truth, people get angry."
In the backdrop of his comments, Chhattisgarh Congress spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi said "Congress party and the people of the state believe the statement given by the Home Minister was true and certified."
"He should reveal the identity of Ministers who have connection with liquor mafia," Trivedi demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why