Liquor contractors have links with Ministers, MLAs: Kanwar
Korba: Chhattisgarh Home Minster Nankiram Kanwar has stirred up a controversy with his comments over liquor contractors` nexus with Ministers and MLAs in the BJP- ruled state.
Main opposition Congress has sought a clarification from the Minister over his comments here.
Speaking on the sidelines of a programme yesterday, Kanwar said "the government opens liquor shops and earns revenue from it, while liquor contractors also earn profit from it. This money goes to Ministers and MLAs."
The BJP leader did not elaborate but added "when I speak truth, people get angry."
In the backdrop of his comments, Chhattisgarh Congress spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi said "Congress party and the people of the state believe the statement given by the Home Minister was true and certified."
"He should reveal the identity of Ministers who have connection with liquor mafia," Trivedi demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India