Liquor contractors have links with Ministers, MLAs: Kanwar
Korba: Chhattisgarh Home Minster Nankiram Kanwar has stirred up a controversy with his comments over liquor contractors` nexus with Ministers and MLAs in the BJP- ruled state.
Main opposition Congress has sought a clarification from the Minister over his comments here.
Speaking on the sidelines of a programme yesterday, Kanwar said "the government opens liquor shops and earns revenue from it, while liquor contractors also earn profit from it. This money goes to Ministers and MLAs."
The BJP leader did not elaborate but added "when I speak truth, people get angry."
In the backdrop of his comments, Chhattisgarh Congress spokesperson Shailesh Nitin Trivedi said "Congress party and the people of the state believe the statement given by the Home Minister was true and certified."
"He should reveal the identity of Ministers who have connection with liquor mafia," Trivedi demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug