Lucky escape for Chhattisgarh Chief Minister
Raigarh: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman
Singh had a lucky escape as the aircraft carrying him made an
emergency landing due to a technical snag.
The incident occurred on Thursday evening while Singh was on his
way to Raipur from here, official sources said.
Singh had gone to Kharsiya village to attend a function
along with other party leaders, they said.
Later, when he left for Raipur, his plane suffered a
hydraulic failure and had to return to the Jindal airstrip
within 15 minutes of takeoff, the sources said.
After nearly five hours, the Chief Minister was flown to
the capital, along with other BJP leaders, in a special
aircraft, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters