Lucky escape for Chhattisgarh Chief Minister
Raigarh: Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman
Singh had a lucky escape as the aircraft carrying him made an
emergency landing due to a technical snag.
The incident occurred on Thursday evening while Singh was on his
way to Raipur from here, official sources said.
Singh had gone to Kharsiya village to attend a function
along with other party leaders, they said.
Later, when he left for Raipur, his plane suffered a
hydraulic failure and had to return to the Jindal airstrip
within 15 minutes of takeoff, the sources said.
After nearly five hours, the Chief Minister was flown to
the capital, along with other BJP leaders, in a special
aircraft, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed