Magisterial probe ordered in encounter of suspected Naxals
Raipur: A magisterial probe has been ordered into an encounter between security forces and Naxalites early this year in Chhattisgarh`s Kanker district, in which two suspected cadres were killed.
Kanker Collector Alarmelmangai D has ordered the magisterial enquiry headed by Sub-Divisional Magistrate of Antagarh to investigate the encounter near Michewada Hills around two months back, an official said.
On January 21, a police patrol party led by Station House Officer Koyalibeda, Rakesh Rathore was on a combing operation near Michewada hills when around 15 armed rebels, including Naxal commander Kamlakar opened indiscriminate firing on them.
However, they fled into dense forests following an intense retaliation from the patrol party.
After the gunfight, body of two Naxals were recovered from the spot. Besides, three muzzle loading guns, couple of detonators and empty cartridges were also seized from the encounter site, the official said.
During investigation, the deceased were identified as Somaruram Komra and Tulsingh, natives of Matnar village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs