Man claims he was part of Naxal attack in Darbha valley
Raipur: A 34-year old man, who claimed to be a part of the Maoist team which had attacked Congress leaders` convoy in Darbha valley in Bastar on May 25 this year, was today taken into custody in Baldobazar district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
"Lekhan Ram Nag, a resident of Hidma village under Darbha police station, was taken into custody from Mopar village of Bhatapara region," Additional Superintendent of Police BPS Rajbhanu said.
"The man seems to be somewhat mentally unstable," the ASP said.
He was held by the locals in Mopar when he was peeping into a house. When they questioned him, he reportedly told them that he was Naxal and was a part of the team which had attacked the Congress convoy.
Several Congress leaders, including state Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel and former union minister V C Shukla, were killed in the attack in Darbha valley on May 25.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- US wants Pakistan to have dialogue with neighbours
- Hassan Rouhani allies win Iran parliament elections second round: Reports
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner