Man gets death penalty for killing three siblings in Chhattisgarh
Bilaspur: A man has been sentenced to death by a local court here for abducting and killing three minor siblings in February 2011 in Ratnapur town of the district.
First Additional District and Sessions Judge Neeta Yadav yesterday sentenced - Manoj Suryawanshi - to death for abducting and killing the children from his neighbourhood.
According to police, Suryawanshi had kidnapped his neighbour Shivlal Dhivar`s children Vijay (8), Ajay (6) and Sakshi (4)- on February 11, when they were returning from school.
The accused took them to a nearby field where he killed them by hitting them with stones.
He was arrested the next day.
According to prosecution, the accused committed the crime to take revenge against Shivlal`s brother Shivnath. Suryawanshi believed that his wife had eloped with Shivnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda