Man gets death penalty for killing three siblings in Chhattisgarh
Bilaspur: A man has been sentenced to death by a local court here for abducting and killing three minor siblings in February 2011 in Ratnapur town of the district.
First Additional District and Sessions Judge Neeta Yadav yesterday sentenced - Manoj Suryawanshi - to death for abducting and killing the children from his neighbourhood.
According to police, Suryawanshi had kidnapped his neighbour Shivlal Dhivar`s children Vijay (8), Ajay (6) and Sakshi (4)- on February 11, when they were returning from school.
The accused took them to a nearby field where he killed them by hitting them with stones.
He was arrested the next day.
According to prosecution, the accused committed the crime to take revenge against Shivlal`s brother Shivnath. Suryawanshi believed that his wife had eloped with Shivnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof