Man gets life term for raping minor girl
Raigarh (Chhattisgarh): A local court on Saturday sentenced a 35-year old man to life imprisonment for raping a ten-year old girl.
District and sessions court judge Anil Kumar on Saturday awarded life term to Akhtar Ali after he was found guilty of abduction and rape of the minor and also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on him.
Ali had kidnapped the girl from a garden near Kharsiya railway station in May 2010 and sexually assaulted her.
She was later found from Ali`s place and he was arrested after medical investigations confirmed that the girl was raped.
The court has also ordered compensation of Rs 15,000 to the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar