Man gets life term for raping minor girl
Raigarh (Chhattisgarh): A local court on Saturday sentenced a 35-year old man to life imprisonment for raping a ten-year old girl.
District and sessions court judge Anil Kumar on Saturday awarded life term to Akhtar Ali after he was found guilty of abduction and rape of the minor and also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on him.
Ali had kidnapped the girl from a garden near Kharsiya railway station in May 2010 and sexually assaulted her.
She was later found from Ali`s place and he was arrested after medical investigations confirmed that the girl was raped.
The court has also ordered compensation of Rs 15,000 to the victim.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!