Man gets life term for raping minor girl
Raigarh (Chhattisgarh): A local court on Saturday sentenced a 35-year old man to life imprisonment for raping a ten-year old girl.
District and sessions court judge Anil Kumar on Saturday awarded life term to Akhtar Ali after he was found guilty of abduction and rape of the minor and also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on him.
Ali had kidnapped the girl from a garden near Kharsiya railway station in May 2010 and sexually assaulted her.
She was later found from Ali`s place and he was arrested after medical investigations confirmed that the girl was raped.
The court has also ordered compensation of Rs 15,000 to the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption