Man gets life term for raping minor girl
Raigarh (Chhattisgarh): A local court on Saturday sentenced a 35-year old man to life imprisonment for raping a ten-year old girl.
District and sessions court judge Anil Kumar on Saturday awarded life term to Akhtar Ali after he was found guilty of abduction and rape of the minor and also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on him.
Ali had kidnapped the girl from a garden near Kharsiya railway station in May 2010 and sexually assaulted her.
She was later found from Ali`s place and he was arrested after medical investigations confirmed that the girl was raped.
The court has also ordered compensation of Rs 15,000 to the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth