Man gets life term for raping minor girl
Raigarh (Chhattisgarh): A local court on Saturday sentenced a 35-year old man to life imprisonment for raping a ten-year old girl.
District and sessions court judge Anil Kumar on Saturday awarded life term to Akhtar Ali after he was found guilty of abduction and rape of the minor and also imposed a fine of Rs 20,000 on him.
Ali had kidnapped the girl from a garden near Kharsiya railway station in May 2010 and sexually assaulted her.
She was later found from Ali`s place and he was arrested after medical investigations confirmed that the girl was raped.
The court has also ordered compensation of Rs 15,000 to the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan