Man kills wife, hangs self over father-in-law`s greed
Raipur: Enraged by his father-in-law`s refusal to return cash and jewels that he had handed over for safe-keeping, a man strangulated his wife to death and later hanged himself in Mungeli district, Chhattisgarh, police officials said Saturday.
Sub-divisional Officer of Police, Mungeli, JPN Singh said, "Bodies of a young couple were found in the house of their relative. The deceased have been identified as Pramod Satnami (25) and his wife Tulsi Satnami (23). The incident occurred at Saragaon village, Lormi Tehsil, Mungeli district, about 100 km from the state capital.
"Some financial dispute is stated to be behind the incident," the police officer said.
Police also recovered a suicide note on the person of Pramod, in which he stated that he was killing his wife as her father refused to give back the money and ornaments that were entrusted to him by the couple.
According to family sources, Pramod and his wife Tulsi were working as construction workers in Bhopal and had returned a few days back.
They were staying at the house of Pramod`s uncle Sadaram. On Friday Sadaram along with family members had gone to work in his field while the couple stayed back at home.
In the evening when Sadaram returned and knocked on the door, no one opened it. After calling neighbours, Sadaram broke open the door and was shocked to see the body of Pramod hanging by a rope from the ceiling, while the body of Tulsi lay on a bed in the same room.
According to sources, before leaving for Bhopal, Pramod had given some money and ornaments to his father-in-law for safe-keeping.
On his return, he reportedly asked his father-in-law to return the money and ornaments, but his wife`s father refused to part with the valuables.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi