Man rescued from Chhattisgarh hill after three days
Raipur: A 50-year-old man stuck in a cleft on a rocky hill in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh for last three days, was extricated on Saturday in a joint operation by rescue teams led by National Disaster Response Force, police said.
"Ramprasad, stuck in the crevice at Ranwahi hillock on Wednesday evening, was pulled out to safety by the NDRF team from Cuttack ", Kanker SP R N Das said.
The NDRF, with the assistance of joint rescue teams of Bhilai Steel and the South Eastern Coalfield Limited, Korba, rescued Ramprasad by cutting open the rocks this evening, he said.
The SP said that the rescue operation began after Ramprasad`s family members spotted him trapped on the 30-metre hill on Thursday evening.
"A team comprising doctors and rescue workers was dispatched to the spot after Ramprasad`s family members informed police. However, the team failed to rescue him. Subsequently, teams of para-military forces including Border Security Force (BSF) were roped in the rescue mission", Das said.
He said Ramprasad was being given liquid supplement under close monitoring of the medical team.
Ramprasad was admitted in district hospital at Kanker and his condition is being monitored, the SP said.
He said police were investigating how Ramprasad, who hails from Ranwahi village under Bhanupratappur police limits, reached the place and got stuck.
"We will question Ramprasad about how he reached there and landed in the fissure. One possibility is that he might have gone there to snare rabbits or some small animals", Das added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing