Man rescued from Chhattisgarh hill after three days
Raipur: A 50-year-old man stuck in a cleft on a rocky hill in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh for last three days, was extricated on Saturday in a joint operation by rescue teams led by National Disaster Response Force, police said.
"Ramprasad, stuck in the crevice at Ranwahi hillock on Wednesday evening, was pulled out to safety by the NDRF team from Cuttack ", Kanker SP R N Das said.
The NDRF, with the assistance of joint rescue teams of Bhilai Steel and the South Eastern Coalfield Limited, Korba, rescued Ramprasad by cutting open the rocks this evening, he said.
The SP said that the rescue operation began after Ramprasad`s family members spotted him trapped on the 30-metre hill on Thursday evening.
"A team comprising doctors and rescue workers was dispatched to the spot after Ramprasad`s family members informed police. However, the team failed to rescue him. Subsequently, teams of para-military forces including Border Security Force (BSF) were roped in the rescue mission", Das said.
He said Ramprasad was being given liquid supplement under close monitoring of the medical team.
Ramprasad was admitted in district hospital at Kanker and his condition is being monitored, the SP said.
He said police were investigating how Ramprasad, who hails from Ranwahi village under Bhanupratappur police limits, reached the place and got stuck.
"We will question Ramprasad about how he reached there and landed in the fissure. One possibility is that he might have gone there to snare rabbits or some small animals", Das added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended