Man rescued from Chhattisgarh hill after three days
Raipur: A 50-year-old man stuck in a cleft on a rocky hill in Kanker district of Chhattisgarh for last three days, was extricated on Saturday in a joint operation by rescue teams led by National Disaster Response Force, police said.
"Ramprasad, stuck in the crevice at Ranwahi hillock on Wednesday evening, was pulled out to safety by the NDRF team from Cuttack ", Kanker SP R N Das said.
The NDRF, with the assistance of joint rescue teams of Bhilai Steel and the South Eastern Coalfield Limited, Korba, rescued Ramprasad by cutting open the rocks this evening, he said.
The SP said that the rescue operation began after Ramprasad`s family members spotted him trapped on the 30-metre hill on Thursday evening.
"A team comprising doctors and rescue workers was dispatched to the spot after Ramprasad`s family members informed police. However, the team failed to rescue him. Subsequently, teams of para-military forces including Border Security Force (BSF) were roped in the rescue mission", Das said.
He said Ramprasad was being given liquid supplement under close monitoring of the medical team.
Ramprasad was admitted in district hospital at Kanker and his condition is being monitored, the SP said.
He said police were investigating how Ramprasad, who hails from Ranwahi village under Bhanupratappur police limits, reached the place and got stuck.
"We will question Ramprasad about how he reached there and landed in the fissure. One possibility is that he might have gone there to snare rabbits or some small animals", Das added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you