Maoist arrested with cache of arms
Raipur: A hardcore Naxal has been arrested with a cache of arms and ammunitions from Maoist hit-Kondagaon district in Chhattisgarh, police said on Wednesday.
Acting upon specific information, a joint group of Quick Response Team of state police and a team of local police nabbed Kuma Korram (30) from his native place Aadnar under Bayanar police station limits Tuesday evening, Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police Surjit Atri said.
Later, following information given by him, five muzzle loading guns and one tiffin bomb, weighing 2 kg, was recovered from nearby Rengagodi hills, the ASP said.
Korram, who is the chief of Jantana Sarkar group of outlawed Communist Party of India (Maoist) in Aadnar had joined the movement in 2006.
Since then he was involved in several incidents of crime including murder, landmine explosion, both capturing during elections, arms and ammunition loot etc, the ASP said.
He was carrying a reward of Rs 8,000 on his head.
Korram was today produced in a local court of Kondagaon which sent him to jail, the ASP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand