Maoist held from forest during police search operation in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A Maoist, carrying a reward on his head, was arrested during a search operation in Maoist-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, the police said here on Friday.
The Maoist was nabbed from the forests of Bardela village under Jangla police station limits last evening, a senior official said.
A local police team on a combing operation in Jangla area, located around 450 kms away from state capital Raipur, reached the Bardela forest when they spotted a suspect fleeing, after which he was chased and arrested, the official said.
The arrested Maoist was identified as Lekam Aaytu (35), self styled vice-chief of Jantana Sarkar Maoist organisation in Tungali area, he said.
He was allegedly involved in several incidents of arson, attempt to murder and other offences, he said, adding he carried a reward of Rs 10,000 on his head.
The arrested Maoist is being interrogated, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday