Maoist insurgent arrested by Chhattisgarh police
Raipur: A Maoist insurgent carrying a cash award of Rs 17,000 on his head, was arrested during a joint search operation in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, a senior police official said on Sunday.
"Sagnu Ram, a 25-year-old member of Barda`s local Maoist guerrilla squad was nabbed from Latapara village under Badedongar police station during a search operation conducted by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force yesterday," the official said.
A police search patrol was on a combing operation in the forests of Diganar, Mohpal, Bedagaon and Bhaisabada villages of the region for the past four days.
On getting a tip-off about Maoist presence in the area, Sagnu was rounded up, the officer said, adding, he admitted being involved in the Maoist movement during interrogation.
A resident of Kolenga village under Badepara police station limits, Sagnu joined the Maoist cadre before 2006 and was allegedly involved in several incidents of firing on police patrols, planting mines and ambushing security forces, the official said.
The insurgent was also involved in looting ballot boxes and jeeps during the 2006 elections in Badgai and Bhongapal, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch