Maoist insurgent arrested by Chhattisgarh police
Raipur: A Maoist insurgent carrying a cash award of Rs 17,000 on his head, was arrested during a joint search operation in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, a senior police official said on Sunday.
"Sagnu Ram, a 25-year-old member of Barda`s local Maoist guerrilla squad was nabbed from Latapara village under Badedongar police station during a search operation conducted by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force yesterday," the official said.
A police search patrol was on a combing operation in the forests of Diganar, Mohpal, Bedagaon and Bhaisabada villages of the region for the past four days.
On getting a tip-off about Maoist presence in the area, Sagnu was rounded up, the officer said, adding, he admitted being involved in the Maoist movement during interrogation.
A resident of Kolenga village under Badepara police station limits, Sagnu joined the Maoist cadre before 2006 and was allegedly involved in several incidents of firing on police patrols, planting mines and ambushing security forces, the official said.
The insurgent was also involved in looting ballot boxes and jeeps during the 2006 elections in Badgai and Bhongapal, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27