Maoist insurgent arrested by Chhattisgarh police
Raipur: A Maoist insurgent carrying a cash award of Rs 17,000 on his head, was arrested during a joint search operation in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, a senior police official said on Sunday.
"Sagnu Ram, a 25-year-old member of Barda`s local Maoist guerrilla squad was nabbed from Latapara village under Badedongar police station during a search operation conducted by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force yesterday," the official said.
A police search patrol was on a combing operation in the forests of Diganar, Mohpal, Bedagaon and Bhaisabada villages of the region for the past four days.
On getting a tip-off about Maoist presence in the area, Sagnu was rounded up, the officer said, adding, he admitted being involved in the Maoist movement during interrogation.
A resident of Kolenga village under Badepara police station limits, Sagnu joined the Maoist cadre before 2006 and was allegedly involved in several incidents of firing on police patrols, planting mines and ambushing security forces, the official said.
The insurgent was also involved in looting ballot boxes and jeeps during the 2006 elections in Badgai and Bhongapal, the official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata