Maoist insurgent arrested by Chhattisgarh police
Raipur: A Maoist insurgent carrying a cash award of Rs 17,000 on his head, was arrested during a joint search operation in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, a senior police official said on Sunday.
"Sagnu Ram, a 25-year-old member of Barda`s local Maoist guerrilla squad was nabbed from Latapara village under Badedongar police station during a search operation conducted by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force yesterday," the official said.
A police search patrol was on a combing operation in the forests of Diganar, Mohpal, Bedagaon and Bhaisabada villages of the region for the past four days.
On getting a tip-off about Maoist presence in the area, Sagnu was rounded up, the officer said, adding, he admitted being involved in the Maoist movement during interrogation.
A resident of Kolenga village under Badepara police station limits, Sagnu joined the Maoist cadre before 2006 and was allegedly involved in several incidents of firing on police patrols, planting mines and ambushing security forces, the official said.
The insurgent was also involved in looting ballot boxes and jeeps during the 2006 elections in Badgai and Bhongapal, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?