Maoist insurgent arrested by Chhattisgarh police
Raipur: A Maoist insurgent carrying a cash award of Rs 17,000 on his head, was arrested during a joint search operation in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, a senior police official said on Sunday.
"Sagnu Ram, a 25-year-old member of Barda`s local Maoist guerrilla squad was nabbed from Latapara village under Badedongar police station during a search operation conducted by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and district force yesterday," the official said.
A police search patrol was on a combing operation in the forests of Diganar, Mohpal, Bedagaon and Bhaisabada villages of the region for the past four days.
On getting a tip-off about Maoist presence in the area, Sagnu was rounded up, the officer said, adding, he admitted being involved in the Maoist movement during interrogation.
A resident of Kolenga village under Badepara police station limits, Sagnu joined the Maoist cadre before 2006 and was allegedly involved in several incidents of firing on police patrols, planting mines and ambushing security forces, the official said.
The insurgent was also involved in looting ballot boxes and jeeps during the 2006 elections in Badgai and Bhongapal, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy