Maoist insurgent arrested in Mardapal village of Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A 33-year-old Maoist, carrying a cash reward of Rs 25,000, was arrested in the Maoist-hit Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, the police said.
The insurgent was nabbed from Mardapal village of the district today, Kondagaon Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Surjeet Atri told PTI.
The arrested Maoist was identified as Ramsingh Nag, who joined the Maoist movement as section commander of Kaknar platoon in 2010.
He was involved in a number of crimes ranging from loot, arson, murder in the region, Atri said.
On a tip-off about his presence in Mardapal village, a police team nabbed Nag on suspicion, the ASP said, adding that during interrogation, he admitted his involvement in the Maoist movement.
He was produced in Kondagaon` local court from where he was sent to Jagdalpur jail, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH