Maoist leader Paparao has quit, claims police
Raipur: In what could be a major blow to Maoists, top leader Paparao who allegedly masterminded the Tadmetla massacre that claimed the lives of 75 CRPF jawans has quit the movement, according to police.
"We have received inputs that Maoist leader Paparao has left the movement and run away from Jagargunda area of Bijapur district with his wife," Bijapur SP Prashant Agrawal told PTI.
He, however, denied having any clue about Paparao`s whereabouts.
Paparao was the commander of the Southern Bastar Divisional Committee of the outlawed CPI (Maoist).
"There is also information about other Maoist leaders who left the movement and ran away along with their wives or women cadres during the last few months in the Bastar region," Agarwal said.
However, the official did not cite any specific reason behind Maoists quitting the insurgency movement.
Paparao who was active in the Basaguda and Jagargunda areas of the district was allegedly involved in several other incidents of loot, arson and killing, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning