Maoist leader Paparao has quit, claims police
Raipur: In what could be a major blow to Maoists, top leader Paparao who allegedly masterminded the Tadmetla massacre that claimed the lives of 75 CRPF jawans has quit the movement, according to police.
"We have received inputs that Maoist leader Paparao has left the movement and run away from Jagargunda area of Bijapur district with his wife," Bijapur SP Prashant Agrawal told PTI.
He, however, denied having any clue about Paparao`s whereabouts.
Paparao was the commander of the Southern Bastar Divisional Committee of the outlawed CPI (Maoist).
"There is also information about other Maoist leaders who left the movement and ran away along with their wives or women cadres during the last few months in the Bastar region," Agarwal said.
However, the official did not cite any specific reason behind Maoists quitting the insurgency movement.
Paparao who was active in the Basaguda and Jagargunda areas of the district was allegedly involved in several other incidents of loot, arson and killing, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?