Maoists attack NMDC complex, gunbattle rages
Dantewada: Around 50 armed
Naxals tonight attacked a complex of state-owned National
Mineral Development Corporation, which is said to house large
quantities of explosives, triggering a gunbattle with CISF
personnel guarding the key economic installation.
Official sources said the Naxals attacked the premises
of the firm in Bacheli in the evening and an encounter is
currently on with the CISF personnel.
There was, however, no immediate report of any casualty
on either side.
Sources said the Maoists entered the Corporation complex
and burnt some vehicles. The complex is said to have large
quantity of explosives used in mining.
The attack was apparently aimed at looting explosives
from the NMDC complex, said the sources.
A contingent of CISF personnel reached the NMDC complex
late tonight even as intermittent exchange of fire was on
between the Maoists and the security men.
NMDC currently operates a number of mines in Bailadila
hills of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'