Maoists attack NMDC complex, gunbattle rages
Dantewada: Around 50 armed
Naxals tonight attacked a complex of state-owned National
Mineral Development Corporation, which is said to house large
quantities of explosives, triggering a gunbattle with CISF
personnel guarding the key economic installation.
Official sources said the Naxals attacked the premises
of the firm in Bacheli in the evening and an encounter is
currently on with the CISF personnel.
There was, however, no immediate report of any casualty
on either side.
Sources said the Maoists entered the Corporation complex
and burnt some vehicles. The complex is said to have large
quantity of explosives used in mining.
The attack was apparently aimed at looting explosives
from the NMDC complex, said the sources.
A contingent of CISF personnel reached the NMDC complex
late tonight even as intermittent exchange of fire was on
between the Maoists and the security men.
NMDC currently operates a number of mines in Bailadila
hills of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- REVEALED: Pullela Gopichand's mother's SECRET advice which motivated PV Sindhu, Kidambi Srikanth in Rio
- Leicester City ready to make further investments in squad: Official
- Two die as car swept by Yamuna
- Pakistani official visiting Belarus, Kazakhstan over NSG membership
- Anil Ambani's elder son Jai Anmol joins Reliance Capital board