Maoists attack NMDC complex, gunbattle rages
Dantewada: Around 50 armed
Naxals tonight attacked a complex of state-owned National
Mineral Development Corporation, which is said to house large
quantities of explosives, triggering a gunbattle with CISF
personnel guarding the key economic installation.
Official sources said the Naxals attacked the premises
of the firm in Bacheli in the evening and an encounter is
currently on with the CISF personnel.
There was, however, no immediate report of any casualty
on either side.
Sources said the Maoists entered the Corporation complex
and burnt some vehicles. The complex is said to have large
quantity of explosives used in mining.
The attack was apparently aimed at looting explosives
from the NMDC complex, said the sources.
A contingent of CISF personnel reached the NMDC complex
late tonight even as intermittent exchange of fire was on
between the Maoists and the security men.
NMDC currently operates a number of mines in Bailadila
hills of the district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set