`Maoists danced on finding Karma, shot gunmen in legs`
Sukma (Chhattisgarh): Anti-Maoist Salwa Judum movement`s founder Mahendra Karma was the prime target of the insurgents when they attacked the Congress convoy in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar region and the rebels danced before they riddled him with bullets, a survivor said on Sunday.
As the insurgents went about shooting two to four bullets into the occupants of the vehicles after they on Saturday ambushed the convoy at Darbha Ghati, 35 km from Sukma, they started dancing when Karma identified himself and then sprayed him with bullets, said the shaken survivor.
As Karma fell, the insurgents stabbed his head with a bayonet.
Similarly, the insurgents inquired about Leader of Opposition Nand Kumar Patel and his son Dinesh, and after finding them, took them hostage about 100 metres into the woods before shooting both of them dead.
The insurgents, it was learnt, made all the gunmen of the leaders lie on the ground and shot in their legs one by one and asked them to run away after taking away their weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics