`Maoists danced on finding Karma, shot gunmen in legs`
Sukma (Chhattisgarh): Anti-Maoist Salwa Judum movement`s founder Mahendra Karma was the prime target of the insurgents when they attacked the Congress convoy in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar region and the rebels danced before they riddled him with bullets, a survivor said on Sunday.
As the insurgents went about shooting two to four bullets into the occupants of the vehicles after they on Saturday ambushed the convoy at Darbha Ghati, 35 km from Sukma, they started dancing when Karma identified himself and then sprayed him with bullets, said the shaken survivor.
As Karma fell, the insurgents stabbed his head with a bayonet.
Similarly, the insurgents inquired about Leader of Opposition Nand Kumar Patel and his son Dinesh, and after finding them, took them hostage about 100 metres into the woods before shooting both of them dead.
The insurgents, it was learnt, made all the gunmen of the leaders lie on the ground and shot in their legs one by one and asked them to run away after taking away their weapons.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview