`Maoists danced on finding Karma, shot gunmen in legs`
Sukma (Chhattisgarh): Anti-Maoist Salwa Judum movement`s founder Mahendra Karma was the prime target of the insurgents when they attacked the Congress convoy in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar region and the rebels danced before they riddled him with bullets, a survivor said on Sunday.
As the insurgents went about shooting two to four bullets into the occupants of the vehicles after they on Saturday ambushed the convoy at Darbha Ghati, 35 km from Sukma, they started dancing when Karma identified himself and then sprayed him with bullets, said the shaken survivor.
As Karma fell, the insurgents stabbed his head with a bayonet.
Similarly, the insurgents inquired about Leader of Opposition Nand Kumar Patel and his son Dinesh, and after finding them, took them hostage about 100 metres into the woods before shooting both of them dead.
The insurgents, it was learnt, made all the gunmen of the leaders lie on the ground and shot in their legs one by one and asked them to run away after taking away their weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj