Maoists kill cop, civilian in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: In stepped up violence, Maoists killed a civilian in violence-hit Sukma district in Chhattisgarh while they hacked to death a police constable in Rajnandgaon district Sunday, police said.
Police found a dead body of a tribal, Marvijoga, in Arlampalli village in Sukma, some 500 km south from Raipur.
Local police say that roughly 20 Maoists stormed into his house Saturday night and took him away in a nearby forested area where they beat him to death on charges of spying for police and revealing vital information about activities of local Maoists.
The killing has created scare among Arlampalli villagers.
In a separate incident, Maoists hacked to death a newly recruited constable in Manpur area in Rajnandgaon in western parts of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata