Maoists kill cop, civilian in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: In stepped up violence, Maoists killed a civilian in violence-hit Sukma district in Chhattisgarh while they hacked to death a police constable in Rajnandgaon district Sunday, police said.
Police found a dead body of a tribal, Marvijoga, in Arlampalli village in Sukma, some 500 km south from Raipur.
Local police say that roughly 20 Maoists stormed into his house Saturday night and took him away in a nearby forested area where they beat him to death on charges of spying for police and revealing vital information about activities of local Maoists.
The killing has created scare among Arlampalli villagers.
In a separate incident, Maoists hacked to death a newly recruited constable in Manpur area in Rajnandgaon in western parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP