Maoists kill cop, civilian in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: In stepped up violence, Maoists killed a civilian in violence-hit Sukma district in Chhattisgarh while they hacked to death a police constable in Rajnandgaon district Sunday, police said.
Police found a dead body of a tribal, Marvijoga, in Arlampalli village in Sukma, some 500 km south from Raipur.
Local police say that roughly 20 Maoists stormed into his house Saturday night and took him away in a nearby forested area where they beat him to death on charges of spying for police and revealing vital information about activities of local Maoists.
The killing has created scare among Arlampalli villagers.
In a separate incident, Maoists hacked to death a newly recruited constable in Manpur area in Rajnandgaon in western parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America