Maoists kill cop, civilian in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: In stepped up violence, Maoists killed a civilian in violence-hit Sukma district in Chhattisgarh while they hacked to death a police constable in Rajnandgaon district Sunday, police said.
Police found a dead body of a tribal, Marvijoga, in Arlampalli village in Sukma, some 500 km south from Raipur.
Local police say that roughly 20 Maoists stormed into his house Saturday night and took him away in a nearby forested area where they beat him to death on charges of spying for police and revealing vital information about activities of local Maoists.
The killing has created scare among Arlampalli villagers.
In a separate incident, Maoists hacked to death a newly recruited constable in Manpur area in Rajnandgaon in western parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing