Maoists kill cop, civilian in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: In stepped up violence, Maoists killed a civilian in violence-hit Sukma district in Chhattisgarh while they hacked to death a police constable in Rajnandgaon district Sunday, police said.
Police found a dead body of a tribal, Marvijoga, in Arlampalli village in Sukma, some 500 km south from Raipur.
Local police say that roughly 20 Maoists stormed into his house Saturday night and took him away in a nearby forested area where they beat him to death on charges of spying for police and revealing vital information about activities of local Maoists.
The killing has created scare among Arlampalli villagers.
In a separate incident, Maoists hacked to death a newly recruited constable in Manpur area in Rajnandgaon in western parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie