Maoists kill CRPF constable in Chhattisgarh Home
Raipur: A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper was killed and two others injured in an attack by Maoists in the jungle areas of Chhattisgarh`s restive Bastar region.
The gun battle took place when the Maoists had blocked the way to Karalpaul and were surveying the vehicles on that way.
Some CRPF soldiers alerted their platoon and when reinforcements arrived, the Maoists opened fire.
The injured soldiers Shashi Kant and Ajay and the body of constable Manveer Shah of the 2nd battalion of the CRPF were brought to Bhimrao hospital here.
"The Maoists started firing at us as we reached the site. We responded back. Cross firing continued for half-an-hour to 45 minutes. Two of us were injured and there was one causality," disclosed Shashi Kant, injured soldier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Pakistan has started behaving like an enemy: JD(U)
- Donald Trump links death of NBA star's cousin to black vote
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- STOP THIS SHAME! Minor gangraped in Delhi's Jamia Nagar; suspect is juvenile
- Benefits of face scrubs for men