Maoists kill CRPF constable in Chhattisgarh Home
Raipur: A Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) trooper was killed and two others injured in an attack by Maoists in the jungle areas of Chhattisgarh`s restive Bastar region.
The gun battle took place when the Maoists had blocked the way to Karalpaul and were surveying the vehicles on that way.
Some CRPF soldiers alerted their platoon and when reinforcements arrived, the Maoists opened fire.
The injured soldiers Shashi Kant and Ajay and the body of constable Manveer Shah of the 2nd battalion of the CRPF were brought to Bhimrao hospital here.
"The Maoists started firing at us as we reached the site. We responded back. Cross firing continued for half-an-hour to 45 minutes. Two of us were injured and there was one causality," disclosed Shashi Kant, injured soldier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons