`Maoists network more capable than govt machinery`
Raipur: Referring to the rising killings of policemen in Chhattisgarh, Congress leader and former chief minister Ajit Jogi on Monday said that Maoists` network was more capable than government machinery in the state.
"Maoists are easily getting each and every information about the police in the state`s Bastar region and that clearly shows that they (Maoists) have better and more capable network than the government machinery," Jogi said in a statement.
Referring to Aug 19 ambush in Bastar`s Bijapur district in which 11 policemen and a civilian were killed, the Congress leader said the casualties could have been avoided if the government had an effective intelligence gathering network system.
"The government intelligence is in slumber for years in Bastar where Maoists are orchestrating one killing after another. On Friday too, the precious lives of cops would have been saved if the government had better intelligence network system," Jogi added.
He advised the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government to convene an immediate all-party meet as the ruling party alone was not able to find a way to tackle the fast rising Maoists problem.
He suggested Chief Minister Raman Singh to have a dialogue with Maoists, whom the police estimate to be over 10,000 in numbers in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened