`Maoists network more capable than govt machinery`
Raipur: Referring to the rising killings of policemen in Chhattisgarh, Congress leader and former chief minister Ajit Jogi on Monday said that Maoists` network was more capable than government machinery in the state.
"Maoists are easily getting each and every information about the police in the state`s Bastar region and that clearly shows that they (Maoists) have better and more capable network than the government machinery," Jogi said in a statement.
Referring to Aug 19 ambush in Bastar`s Bijapur district in which 11 policemen and a civilian were killed, the Congress leader said the casualties could have been avoided if the government had an effective intelligence gathering network system.
"The government intelligence is in slumber for years in Bastar where Maoists are orchestrating one killing after another. On Friday too, the precious lives of cops would have been saved if the government had better intelligence network system," Jogi added.
He advised the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government to convene an immediate all-party meet as the ruling party alone was not able to find a way to tackle the fast rising Maoists problem.
He suggested Chief Minister Raman Singh to have a dialogue with Maoists, whom the police estimate to be over 10,000 in numbers in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply