Maoists set six iron ore laden trucks on fire
Raipur: Armed Maoists set on fire at least six trucks loaded with iron ore in Chhattisgarh`s violence-hit Dantewada district early Saturday, police said.
"Maoists came out of forests around midnight and stopped six trucks between Bhansi and Bacheli and set them on fire," Dantewada Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) SRP Kalluri told a news agency on phone from Dantewada town, headquarters of the district.
The attack site is located some 420 km south of capital Raipur and within 2 km from Bacheli, a major iron ore mining facility of India`s top iron ore producer in public sector NMDC Ltd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says