Maoists torch JCB, bulldozer, run away with tractor in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Maoists on Monday torched two road construction machines and took away a tractor in the insurgency-hit Kanker district of Chhattisgarh.
"Maoists torched a bulldozer and a JCB machine of the forest department, apart from taking away a tractor, engaged in road construction work in Mendra village," Pakhanjore Sub-Divisional Officer of Police Anil Kumar Soni told PTI.
Maoists are observing Jan Pituri Week from June 5 to June 11 to commemorate their `martyrs`.
Vehicular traffic was thin at many places in south Bastar`s remote areas. People faced difficulty in reaching their destinations.
As the Railways have decided not to run the passenger train from Visakhapatnam to Kirandul beyond Jagdalpur fearing Naxal attacks during the week, passengers were forced to travel by bus from Jagdalpur to Kirandul.
Police said patrolling by paramilitary forces had been intensified in the Naxal-infested areas.
However, this time Maoists neither announced any relief for public transport system nor gave any call for bandh during the Jan Pituri week, contrary to their past practice.
Meanwhile, a Naxal was arrested from Mardapal police station area of Kodagaon district, police said. "Guddu Muriya, 25-year-old member of Usri Jan-militia, was arrested in Mulnar village on Sunday late night," Additional Superintendent of Police Surjeet Atri told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!