Medical test rigging: Warrants issued in C`garh
New Delhi: The CBI has procured production
warrants from a court here for interrogation of two Patna residents, lodged in a Chhatisgarh jail after their arrest for their alleged role in the 2011 Delhi University`s medical
entrance test rigging.
The agency secured the production warrants telling Special
CBI Judge Anu Malhotra that the duo needed to be interrogated
thoroughly as they arranged the candidates who paid hefty sums
of Rs 15 lakhs to Rs 20 lakhs for procuring the DU medical
entrance test papers.
The CBI also told the court that duo Shailendra Pandey
alias Dabloo and Dheeraj Kumar Upadhyaya alias Chunnu, lodged
in a Raipur Jail presently, needed to be questioned to unravel
the entire conspiracy behind the rigging in which the
candidates were given the test papers and their answer keys at
a ashram near Gurgaon in Haryana.
The court issued the production warrant for the duo with a
direction to the CBI to produce them before it on April 2. The
duo were arrested by Ganj police in Raipur after their names
cropped up as suspects in the rigging.
The CBI sought production warrants for the duo on the
basis of its FIR in which it said, "A search operation at the
residence of one of the candidates here revealed that one
Ashok Kumar Choudhary, who is pursuing CA, took candidates to
Bhondsi Ashram in Gurgoan and showed them the DUMET papers."
"Ashok Kumar admitted the facts and disclosed that more
than 150 persons including candidates and their parents had
gathered at Bhondsi Ashram and named one Prem Prakash, who in
turn disclosed that Shailendra and Dheeraj had arranged
candidates," the FIR said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued